NY15D Series – 1550nm Microwave DFB Laser Diode
- NY15D series DFB laser diode is a directly modulated DFB laser that provides exceptional performance for linear fiber optics communications in very wide bandwidth applications. NY15D’s linear fiber optic lasers are an excellent alternative to using coaxial cable systems to transmit 12 GHz or 18 GHz signals. They offer significant improvements in the reliability of microwave communications networks by transmitting the RF signal in its original format. As a result of these properties, laser products provide significant improvements in signal quality for a wide variety of applications including antenna remoting, telemetry, timing, reference signal distribution, measurement, and delay lines.
- The 1550nm laser diode built-in optical isolator, TEC, thermistor, laser diode chip, and monitor photodiode are hermetically sealed in a 7PIN butterfly package.
Features of 1550nm Laser Diode
- 18 GHz Bandwidth
- Low threshold current
- High output power
- 7pin butterfly package with SMA connector
- Operating case temperature: -40 to 70℃
- High reliability
Applications of 1550nm Laser Diode
- Antenna Remoting
- Cellular and PCS Networks
- Analog RF links transmission
- Military Communications
|Optical and Electrical Specification (Tc=25°C)|
|Wavelength||λ||IF = IOP, T = TOP||–||1550||–||nm|
|Optical Output Power||P||IF=Iop||–||10||–||mW||1|
|Side-mode suppression ratio||SMSR||λ=1550nm ,IF=Iop||30||–||–||dB||–|
|Rative Intensity Noise||RIN||–||-150||-130||dB/Hz||–|
|Bandwidth (-3dB,I=60mA)||S21||X Option||–||12||–||GHz||–|
|Return loss||VSWR||X Option||–||–||2||dB||–|
|Input 1 dB Compression||–||15||–||–||dBm||–|
|Dark current (PD)||Id||–||–||50||nA||–|
Notes: All laser chips come from wafers that have been certified using a representative lot of devices that must achieve an acceptable yield for burn-in.
- Laser temperature set 25℃, bias current at 55mA
- Operation case temperature -40~70℃
(λ=1550nm , TC =25 ℃)
Outline Drawings(Unit: mm[inch])
|15||1550nm 7PIN butterfly package|
|X||0.1 ～ 12 GHz|
|Ku||1 ～ 18 GHz|
FC / APC
Single-mode 9 / 125 μm fiber pigtail, 0.9mm, 1m length
- The fiber bending radius no less than 20 mm for avoiding fiber damage.
- Be sure the fiber coupling facet is clean before connecting it to Opto-circuit.
- Suitable ESD protection is required in storage, transportation, and use.
NEON’s core work content is innovating. Innovation improves the new product unceasingly, eliminates the old product’s regular mechanism, and causes the company product to become or to become the professional standard unceasingly throughout. The innovation passes through NEON to manage the entire process of the core spirit.
Warmly welcome to contact us to know more about the laser diode module and visit our factory at any time. Please feel free to let us know if there are any questions in Business.